Sunday 10 April 2016

What I See

Winter Wings - January 2016 - Northernshy

Recognizing patterns & themes in your life can be interesting, and sometimes a little scary too. I’m thinking today about ‘sight'.

I have an Aunt who has not been able to see for quite some time.  She lives alone, far away from us, so that is a worry. More recently, I have an Uncle who is losing his sight. He also lives far away from us. Each are “out of sight”, one might say. Each one is from a different side of the family; genetics covered.

This weekend I experienced a problem with one of my eyes. A trip to the optometrist tells me that what is happening is common for people over 50. However, due to my symptoms, over the next month or so I am at risk of vision loss. 

As someone who takes photographs and creates art – my passion is related to how I see the world. This blog is where I write about how I see the world. 

I did not think until this weekend that I would suddenly be concerned about how I literally “see” the world. Troubling. And then I randomly stumble upon a video, from Quebec Tourism of all places, about the spectacular trip of a blind tourist. Well. If that doesn’t take the cake. Just when I’m worrying about vision loss (in ONE eye) I see this guy who can't see enjoying all the “sights” with such joy. Google it – it is fabulous. And it just goes to show that life really is how you see it – whether you can, or whether you can’t.  

No comments:

Post a Comment